Friday, November 10, 2006

They Might Be Giants

In addition to having an upbeat and quirky style that freely employs accordion and the drum machine for their earlier work, these guys are brilliant lyricists. Check these out, from the song, "Dead" off of the album, "Flood":

I will never say the word, 'Procrastinate' again
I'll never see myself in the mirror with my eyes closed

Now it's over I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want
Or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

And these, from "James K. Polk" off of the album "Factory Showroom":

The factions soon agreed
He's just the man we need
To bring about victory
Fulfill our manifest destiny

And when the votes were cast, the winner was...
Mr. James K. Polk, our 11th President
Young hickory, Napoleon of the stump

2 comments:

Jemila Kwon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
medium guy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.